Want to make your home’s curb appeal pop? It’s as simple as adding a fresh coat of paint to your front door. Adding a little flare to your door shows off your personality. Plus, it’s fun, easy to do, and easy to change.
Here are some basic tips on painting a front door:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Your favorite paint/primer combo
- A good paint brush & roller
- Drop cloths
- Sanding block
1. Remove any hardware that can be removed like door knobs, knockers, etc. Cover what can’t be removed with painter’s tape.
2. Rub your sanding block over the surface to be painted, and then wipe the entire surface with a rag removing all dust and debris.
3. It’s time to have some fun! With a drop cloth protecting your floor, pop open a can of all-in-one paint/primer, mix it up, and start painting. Paint the recessed areas first, and then use a roller for the rest of the door. You may need two coats – check the instructions.
4. Remember all that stuff you took off the door in step one? Put it back on and then step back and smile.
Now keep in mind this process does take equipment, time and patience, and if you’re short on all three, it may be time to call us. We’ll take care of your door, while giving the rest of your house a makeover, as well. Let’s talk about the possibilities!