The easiest way to give your kitchen a makeover is to start with paint. Paint the walls and kitchen cabinets. If you’re thinking kitchen cabinets are more than you can handle, think again. We found this great tutorial from the DIY Network that maps the steps to give new life to your kitchen cabinets.
The steps are pretty straight forward in the video, and include:
- Make sure everything is structurally sound. Fix what needs fixing before you paint.
- Make sure you have the right paint for the surface
- The easiest tool to apply paint — the roller
- Number each cabinet door with a matching number to cabinet it belongs to before detaching it for painting. This will make it easier to find the right section for reattachment
- Clean surfaces with TSP. Spray it on and wipe away
- Tape anything that shouldn’t be painted
Check out the video for step by step instructions.
It’s not going to be quick…
Keep in mind, kitchen cabinet painting is a slow process. Between cleaning, detaching, taping and painting, your cabinets will be useless for a while. If you have little time but would like to see the results, leave some information below and we’ll talk about how much it would cost to give your kitchen new life.